Thursday 15 October 2015

HEALTHY SNACK REVIEW: PERKIER QUINOA BAR


Hey everyone!

Today I'm going to do a review on this healthy snack bar by a company called Perkier, I chose the Cacao and Cashew flavour as you can see. I am always on the hunt for things I can just throw in my handbag to eat on the go, but most of them are bad for me so when I was looking in the gluten free section in ASDA I found this. I have tried healthy bars before but had never come across one with quinoa in it so I thought why not give it a go? Also I have heard very good things about cacao (all the vegan bloggers and youtubers are always raving about it) it's meant to taste like chocolate but without all the nasty stuff!

"Our cacao is cold pressed, so unlike cocoa, cacao retains its vitamins, minerals & antioxidants" -perkier.co.uk

And if I'm honest it does! I really enjoyed this bar, I was worried it might taste grainy because of the quinoa but it didn't at all and the nutty chocolate flavour was delicious! If you're not already curious this bar is wheat, gluten and dairy free, vegan, plant based and rich in vitamin E antioxidants - so it's even good for your skin as well!

Here's the nutritional info (per bar):

Energy (KCal): 144

Total Fat (g): 6.2

– of which saturates: 1

Carbohydrate (g): 16.9

– of which sugars (g): 13.5

Total Fibre (g):1.8

Protein (g): 5

Salt (g): 0.1

Vit E (mg) 1.8

– % ref intake 15%

Phosphorus (mg) 102

– % ref intake 15%

I really liked this and will be purchasing it again in the future, here's where you can get it from:
ASDA = 75p each (also comes in goji and cranberry flavour)
Sainsburys = 75p (currently stocks chia, cashew and pumpkin seed flavour and goji and cranberry)

It's worth mentioning the other big supermarkets, whole foods, ocado and amazon also stock products from this brand but not the one mentioned in this post. 

Hope you enjoyed reading this, I thought it would be nice to do something a little different. Let me know if you would like to see more posts like this in the comments below and follow me on google+ if you like!

Love from Lily xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment