Monday 16 November 2015

HOW TO SAVE MONEY OVER CHRISTMAS



Hi guys!

I don't know about you but most of the time I avoid checking my bank balance (unless it's payday) because I'm scared of what I will see. That being said there are a few things that I do to try and save a bit of cash and thought I would share them with you.


1. Sell things on eBay - any old clothes that are still in decent condition, my boyfriend's PS4 games that he no longer plays, old phone cases that don't fit anymore, any jewellery or hair items that I don't use, you won't make loads but it helps when you need a little extra.

2. When buying things online always type in '[shop name] discount codes' into google and 9 times out of 10 you will be able to get a cheeky percentage off your shop.

3. Take advantage of deals when food shopping e.g buy seasonal fruit and veg (it's always cheaper, will probably be at the front) and don't be scared to buy store brand food, it's basically the same you are just paying extra for the brand label and if you don't believe me check the ingredients!

4. Sign up to stores emailing list - They have flash sales that only you will know about (tends to be week day evenings or lunch time), they will send you discount codes and its free so why say no?

5. Go points card crazy! Just get a points card for everywhere, make sure you register it and keep it in your purse at all times. They add up and you won't regret it when you get free coffees, money off makeup, clothing discounts and with a Nectar card for example you can spend your points on eBay so just buy doing a food shop that could mean a free xmas present for someone!

6. Don't be scared to ask - Staff of most stores will be happy to help you get the best deal and there could be something you've missed so don't be scared to check with them if there are any promotions on or that will be happening in the near future.


That's all I can think of for now, if there is something I have forgotten I will be sure to update this post or if there is anything you do please leave a comment and let me know! Thank you so much for reading and I hope this helped.

Love from Lily xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment